Sunday, April 30, 2017

Resisting materialism

I am a minimalist- meaning I try to keep the least amount of items I need of something. For example, I share a closet and a bureau with my husband. I use 1/3 of the closet and only 1 drawer of the 4 drawer bureau. I wash my clothes every day so I don't need much of anything. Recently I was going to the eye doctor's office and I saw a sign at a consignment store to fill a bag for $15. I was SO SO tempted just to pick out some new items, but I resisted. Just mentioning this as the temptation to BUY BUY BUY and SPEND SPEND SPEND i s all around us. Now I think of how I can use that money towards a visit to a country to visit our sponsored children and how that will bring me much more happiness.

1 comment:

  1. My mother raised me the same way...she would always say "Live simply so others may simply live"
    We miss you MaryAnne!

    ReplyDelete